Cider Riot! is dedicated to producing high quality ciders from Cascadian grown apples. With tradition as our guide and our roots firmly planted in the rich soils of our bioregion, our urban cidery produces refreshing, flavorful ciders.
• Service Industry Happy Hour (Mondays) - 8 PM - Close: Our weekly way of saying, "we feel you!" to our friends in the service industry. Bring your OLCC or Food Handler's permit and enjoy discounts on pints of cider for the evening.
• Bridgetown Morris Men (Wednesdays) - 9 PM - Close: Morris dancers have celebrated the seasons for hundreds of years in England with music dance, songs and plays. Decked out in ribbons and bells they performed athletic dances with handkerchiefs and sticks to encourage good fortune and fertility for the coming season. The Bridgetown Morris Men keep this age-old tradition alive in Portland. Free.
• Hearthstone Fireside Gathering - Second Mondays & Last Wednesdays of the month. 6 PM - 8 PM: A bimonthly get-together for fans of this World of Warcraft-adjacent game. Bring your preferred electronic device, a charger, and your meanest game face!
• Comedy at Cider Riot! - Last Thursday of every month (usually) at 8 PM - 9:30 PM: The Savages bring some of Portland's best comedians to Cider Riot! Hosted by the furiously adorable Adam Pasi. No cover, come laugh and drink cider with us.
• Buried Noise Presents: A Union Benefit Show - Friday, February 23 at 7 PM - 11 PM: Buried Noise and New Seasons Workers United are teaming up to throw a benefit for Burgerville workers and their ongoing fight to unionize. Come drink some cider and donate to a great cause. Visit the FB Event for the Band Line-up & more info... Doors at 7:00. Cover: 5-10$ Sliding Scale.
• Screening of Blazing Trail: A Journey of the Indian Revolution - Friday, March 2 at 7 PM - 10 PM: "This movie is a saga of India's Communist Revolutionary Movement initiated by the historical Naxalbari uprising of May 1967, breaking the chains of revisionism that had enveloped the movement for decades..." - Revolution Movie Project. Before and after the film Soul Survivor and DJ McSkally will spin the best of Antifascist Oi, Boss Reggae, and Northern Soul! FREE Read more...
• The Cider Competition: Ranked Choice Voting Portland - Sunday, March 4 at 2 PM - 6 PM: We invite you to RCV PDX's launch event The Cider Competition: Ranked Choice Voting - Portland. Come vote on your favorite cider at a first rate cidery in PDX, Cider Riot! Socialize and learn about Ranked Choice Voting while supporting a good cause! A percentage of proceeds goes to RCV PDX to help bring Ranked Choice Voting to Portland and surrounding areas. Come out and listen to local activists speak about ranked choice voting and vote on your favorite ciders using an RCV ballot. Announcements, socializing and discounted flights will begin at 2pm, speakers at 4pm and the counting of the votes at 5pm so come early for a chance to rank your vote! Cider Riot! is generously providing half off flights and 10% of group sales to our cause. Come learn how we can create more choices in our elections by spreading the word about Ranked Choice Voting and our really fun event! READ MORE...
• Comedy v. Tragedy - Friday, March 9 at 7 PM - 11 PM: Three musicians vs. three poets vs. three comedians! ROUND ONE - NINE PERFORMERS Three poets will perform one piece in their round. Then the audience will select their favorite performance by applause and that poet will advance to the final round. Then three comedians will perform and the audience will select one to advance. Then three musicians will perform and the audience will select one of them to join the poet and the comedian in the final round. ROUND TWO - THREE PERFORMERS The winning poet, musician and comedian will each perform in random order. The audience will choose the winner by applause. Winner receives a cash prize and a potential future headline spot at a future Mighty Mike McGee show. Tickets are sold at the door and are sliding scale $5 to $15. See you there!! Any ticket purchased at a cost of $10 or more is enrolled in the event raffle!!! This event Repeats on Friday, May 18 & July 20th.
• 2018 USA Powerlifting Bridgetown Barbell-B-Q - Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 12 PM - 4 PM: Small (40 lifters), sanctioned (USAPL), OUTDOOR powerlifting meet. We'll be on the patio at Cider Riot enjoying the summer with some BBQ, and powerlifting! Registration goes on sale in January. This will sell out fast, so get on the email list at pdxpowerlifting.com to be the first to find out when registration is open.
Everyday™ Berry Semi-Dry Cider 6.0% abv
Gluten Free - Sulfite Free - Vegan - Raw - Low Carbohydrate
NW grown apples, raspberries, and blackberries walk into a bar... This semi-dry fruit-forward cider celebrates the bounty of Cascadia's orchards and berry patches. Boasting a bright rosé hue, rich with ripe berry aromas, Everyday Berry™ is summer in a glass, available year round. Bright tart notes from the berries and apples give it thirst-quenching bite, with just enough sweetness to balance.
Like all of our ciders Everyday Berry™ is vegan-friendly, gluten free, with no added sulfites or other preservatives. Extraordinary cider for everyday drinking.
Now On Tap in our Pub... Cans coming Soon
• Timbers Season Opener & Cider Riot Takeover @ The Civic Taproom and Bottle Shop - Sunday, March 4 at 7 PM - 10 PM: Come watch the Timber's season opener vs the LA Galaxy while drinking delicious cider from Cider Riot! We will have four selections from Cider Riot! on draft as well as a representative in house to taste you on their cider and raffle off swag. READ MORE...
Sunny C Citrusy
• Irish Beer Festival @ Kells Brewery - Mar 16 at 12 PM to Mar 17 at 2 AM: CThe 2nd annual Irish Beer Festival in Portland. Friday March 16th and Saturday March 17th 2018 Featuring Irish Beers Made just for St. Patrick's Weekend.
Burncider ON TAP and in BOTTLES - Dry Draught Cider 6.8% abv
⊙ Silver Medal winner in the Portland International Cider Cup 2014
- Inspired by the pub draught ciders of the English West Country, Burncider blends Oregon-grown traditional English cider apples, tart wild apples and dessert apples from Hood River. Just like Portlands Old Main Drag, this cider has a rich history and flavorful character.
Everybody Pogo ON TAP and in BOTTLES - Hoppy Cider 6.7% abv - A refreshingly dry cider thats got hops. Our roughcut tribute to football terraces and punk rock shows, dry and quenching with a hint of sweet apple flavor, as organically grown Goldings hops do the pogo dance across your taste buds. A distinctly Oregonian product, Everybody Pogo mates Hood River apples and Willamette Valley hops. Unfiltered and lightly carbonated.
Everyday ON TAP and in CANS - Semi-Dry Cider 6% abv
Gluten Free - Sulfite Free - Vegan - Raw - Low Carbohydrate
Cider Riot! is proud to present the sessionable apple cider: Everyday! Apples grown in lush orchards in the shadows of the Great Northwest's Cascade Range are pressed and fermented to create Everyday, with a mild sweetness balanced by a bright crispness evocative of the first crunchy bite of an apple fresh from the tree.
This New World cider boasts aromas of sliced peach, light tropical fruit and harvest-ripe apples, and flavors of fresh apple, rife with crisp, refreshing acids and a mild sweetness perfect for any time of day. An easy-drinker, Everyday has a light apple flavor, mild sweetness, and a refreshingly crisp finish.
Find it at select Fred Meyer, Grocery Outlet, Plaid Pantry, Belmont Station, & your local bottle shops!
Never Give an Inch ON TAP and in BOTTLES - Oregon Blackberry Cider 6.9% abv
⊙ Gold Medal at Dan Berger's International Cider Cup 2016
A testament to determination, hard work, and downright cussedness, Never Give an Inch celebrates the spirit of Oregon. Invasive Himalaya blackberries run riot across the fencelines and fields all across western Oregon. Fire, chemical poisons, machetes, bulldozers, even goats can only beat back their inevitable advance, as they attempt to take over every square inch of cleared land. Luckily their fruits are delicious, juicy, and plentiful, spawning the phrase “as Cascadian as blackberry pie.” In Never Give an Inch, Oregon blackberries and blackcurrants combine with Hood River and Yakima-grown apples create a tart dry cider with a fruity aroma.
- Reserve Line
⊙ Bronze for Traditional cider, Class 17 (Medium dry/dry) at the Bath & West International Cider Competition 2017
⊙ 2016 Gold Medal Winner (and runner-up for the coveted Portland International Cider Cup)
⊙ Ranked #2 in the Traditional Apple Category in Sip magazine's Best of the NW competition 2015.
- Our tribute to those who stand up against the status quo, 1763 commemorates the year of the Cider Riots in the English West Country, when cider lovers rose up and overthrew the nefarious Prime Minister Bute who imposed a tax on cider. 1763 is inspired by the West Country ciders that warranted such passion. Yamhill County grown Yarlington Mill, Harry Masters Jersey, Dabinett, & Kingston Black apples lend robust tannins, and rich flavours to a cider that’s worth fighting for.
- Seasonal offerings
Plastic Paddy Season: Late Winter - Spring - an Irish-style cider 6% abv - Plastic Paddy is a fun-loving easy drinking cider released in honor of the 2-litres (4.2 US pints) of Irish cider that Cider Riot! founder and cidermaker Abram Goldman-Armstrong enjoyed so much as a student at University College Cork. American dessert apples lack the characteristic tannins of European cider apples, so in order to replicate the flavor profile of a dry Irish cider, we use Barrys Gold Blend tea from County Cork to infuse the cider with just enough tannins to balance the natural acids of the Hood River dessert apples used to make it.
Lemmy's Summer Camp Season: Late Spring to Summer - Meyer Lemon Cider 6% abv - Lemmy’s Summer Camp is for grown up riot grrls and misfit boys who know how to make the most out of Cascadia’s great outdoors. Meyer lemon zest gives Lemmy’s Summer Camp dry cider a bite, like a jump in a glacier-fed lake, making it the perfect companion for all your summertime activities. Enter our Summer Photo Contest to Earn Merit Badges and win Free embroidered patches.
Rudy's Season: Fall to Winter - NOW IN 500ml & 2 LITER BOTTLES - Cranberry Hibiscus cider 6% abv - Dance to the rhythm of Northwestern apples! The party never stops in the Northwest, even when the rainy fall season begins to set in. That's when we pick up the tempo, drop the rude beats, and brighten up those dim days with a two-tone assault of fruit and floral flavor and aroma. Rudy's Cranberry Hibiscus is a dry, refreshing cider fermented from local apples blended with Starvation Alley cold-pressed organic cranberry juice from Long Beach, Washington, then aged on organic hibiscus flowers. The cranberry gives the cider a bright, crisp tartness, while the hibiscus flowers provide an earthy, balanced overtone of tannic flavor and floral aroma. Great for Thanksgiving dinner, a soak in the hot springs, or a rowdy ska show at a local dive bar, Rudy brings flavor to the dance floor and festivity to the party!
- Super Limited Relase Line
Our Black Bloc Series™ ciders are our most hardcore and intense, and apt to disappear into the crowd before you know it. These super limited edition ciders use rare apples varieties, traditional techniques and extended aging. Limited to a few cases per release, Black Bloc ciders are available only while supplies last. The Black Bloc Series embodies our love and reverence for the cider apple. Though they are all dressed the same in black ink and cherrywood labels, each of these ciders represent a broad spectrum of flavors and diversity of cidermaking techniques.
Bogman’s™ Cranberry Brettanomyces cider - SOLD OUT - Bogman’s is a blend of over twenty different cider and dessert apple varieties aged for a year on natural brettanomyces from the orchard where the apples were grown. Oregon cranberries were added to add a touch of acidity to balance the flavors of the brett. The cider was then allowed to bottle condition for nine months, to achieve a smooth round carbonation. It’s been a long road from the initial pressing in 2013 to your glass in 2015, so savor the complexity of this Black Bloc cider before it vanishes.
Kingston Black™ BOTTLES AVAILABLE IN OUR PUB - Single varietal cider made from the exquisite Kingston Black apple. Perfection in a bottle. Rare and not to be missed.
Pinot Barrel-Aged Burncider™ BOTTLES AVAILABLE IN OUR PUB - Blends of Oregon-grown traditional English cider apples, tart wild apples, and dessert apples from Hood River aged in pinot barrels.
San Patricios Tequila Barrel Aged Irish-Style Cider™ BOTTLES AVAILABLE IN OUR PUB 6.2% abv - After 6 months in a fresh Mexican tequila barrel our Irish-Style cider is revved up and ready for action. Dedicated to those who fight for freedom and against injustice, this cider allies spicy, fresh tequila notes with stalwart French and American oak tannins from the barrel. Born a rebel, the San Patricios will die just the same. With less than 100 cases produced be sure to get yours before the battle is over.
Shaken Tree™ BOTTLES AVAILABLE IN OUR PUB 6.9% abv - The English bittersweet Yarlington Mill Apple is known for its caramel fruitiness, and plays a large role in our 1763 Revolutionary West Country Cider. In 2015 we were lucky enough to get enough Yamhill County grown Yarlington Mill apples to make Shaken Tree. Conceived as a single varietal, we added some Porter's Perfection bittersharp cider apples known for their spicy character and acidity. Fermented with our own unique strain of wild yeast from the orchards of the storied White Oak Cider Farm in the Ribbon Ridge AVA in Yamhill County, cultured for us by Imperial Yeast in East Portland.
Slam Dance BOTTLES AVAILABLE IN OUR PUB - Our In the Pit Peach-Apricot cider spent eight months maturing in a second use tequila barrel to create Slam Dance. Limited to 17 cases, this cider won't last any longer than a hardcore song, so get yours today. The stonefruit aromas dominate the aroma, and subtle barrel and tequila notes lend nuance to Slam Dance. Subtle acidity balances the complex flavors of apple, stone fruit and grassy tequila notes.
- Hyper limited release small batch ciders. Served in our Pub and at Special Events.
Blitzkrieg Hop Fall 2014 & 2016 - Fresh Hop Cider. Featured at St. Paul Fresh Hop Fest
Blossom & Bliss Winter/Spring, Summer 2017 6.9% abv - Orange-Vanilla Creamsicle Cider. Our sense of smell invokes great reflection, and our sense of taste can propel us through time and space, to a place of great comfort and happiness. Chasing the ice cream truck down the street was a highlight of many summer days. Orange blossom water and orange peels marry bourbon vanilla to Northwestern apples to create the illusion of sweetness on the nose, and a delicious, tart treat for the tongue.
Chaos de Tejas Summer/Fall 2016 6.9% abv - A melee of blood orange and Oregon grown Amarillo hops, married with Cascadian grown apple, Chaos De Tejas resonates with angst and rebellion. This dry, citrusy offering reflects the Cidermakers time spent in Austin, Texas; wrecking shop on stage along side the many.
Cidre de Francois Xavier Matthieu Summer/Fall 2015, Winter/Spring 2017 - F. X. Matthieu AKA "the Boss of Butteville" Is a fruity cider made with Leavy's X-17 experimental hop, which lends its fruity tropical notes to the aroma and flavor. This cider is dedicated to F.X. Matthieu, a Quebecois revolutionary, and one of the original founders of the Republic of Oregon at Champoeg in 1843. Matthieu went on to run the Butteville store. In 1979 Cider Riot!'s Izaak Butler was born in Butteville. Raise a glass to Oregon's revolutionary tradition!
Civil Twilight Spring/Summer 2017 6.9% abv - Plum Cider. Like the rosé wines typically released this time of year, this cider is light and fresh. Hood River Valley plums lend a fruity, floral character and a beautiful rosy color. The initial offering directed a portion of sales of this cider to benefit the Oregon Brewshed Alliance, a branch of Oregon Wild, raising awareness of and funds for the conversation of out state's pristine watersheds through the craft beverage industry. Raise a pint to clean water!
Dry/Sweet Lord Spring/Summer 2017 6.9% abv - Dark fruit cider. Featured at Fruit Cider Invitational, part of Oregon Cider Week 2017
Fresh Cherries for a Rotting Democracy Spring 2017 6.9% abv - An homage to the Dead Kennedys' album, this cider is being released posthumously from our dearly departed cidermaker Phillip Roehner (he's brewing up at Loowit these days if you miss him and want to say 'Hi', like we do, everyday, miss you buddy!) Fresh cherries and flaked coconut give this dry cider a candy nose with a rich mouthfeel, and our signature dry finish.
Good For The Gander Summer 2017 6.9% abv - Inspired by classic Elderflower Gooseberry cocktails, the light floral aroma leads into a cider that shows off the acidity of the gooseberries.
Hedgerow Fruits Summer/Fall 2014 6.9% abv - Dry Cider with Black Currants & Italian Plums
In The Pit Summer/Fall 2016 6.9% abv - Dry Cider with Stone Fruit - The volume is cranked, your throat is raw from screaming, your body is soaked in sweat from moshing all evening. The Cider Riot! crew smashes everything in their wake during a punk show mosh pit, and we smashed everything but the pits in these fruits to bring this delicious cider to full volume for your enjoyment. We like our apples loud and proud, and they are the venue for this show; a launch pad for the stage-diving apricots and fist-pounding peaches that make this cider so refreshing. Brisk acidity, light carbonation, and summer fruit overtones make this thirst quencher great for warm evenings and long summer nights, loud sets, and riot vests! Beat the heat, and make for a pint of In The Pit before last call puts you back on the street!
King of the Bop Fall 2014 - Peach cider fermented with German Hefeweizen yeasts. Featured at St. 2nd Annual Peche Fest
King Philip's Knickers Summer 2017 9.0% abv - A cranberry cider fortified with English bittersweet cider apple concentrate. This Imperial Cider is like a red flannel union suit, cozy and enduring.
Lavender Revolution Cider Summer 2015 6.9% abv - Crisp flavor and invigorating aroma bring Cascadian grown apples to new heights of sensory bliss, as the marriage of freshly harvested Lavender from Oregon Lavender Farms steeps lovingly in Cider Riot!'s latest incarnation of Lavender Revolution. It's a dance - a waltz if you will - a three part process combining a tender hand and a graceful step with careful timing to create a soft, spicy aromatic experience with a dry, fruity apple cider flavor. The tannins tug gently at the cheek as the ale yeast provides a creamy, medium-bodied mouthfeel to savor longingly before swallowing. In Oregon, June is a month to relax, smell the Flora, and enjoy a crisp, dry cider from your favorite local cidery, Cider Riot! Featured at Lavender Festival
Le Scrumpy de Norman Summer 2017 - In honor of Bastille Day we offer our original ode to French style cider.
Lullaby of London A tribute to Belmont Station - Spring 2017 6.9% abv -
⊙ Best Five New Oregon Ciders of 2017 - Willamette Week
- An aromatic thirst-quenching cider, Lullaby of London spent six months in Ransom gin barrels that once held wine and most recently were occupied by Gigantic Brewing Co. Pipewrench IPA. Lullaby of London is our salute to Belmont Station's 20 years of craft beverage inspiration.
P.H.O.G. Winter/Spring 2017 6.9% abv - Pineapple Hops Orange & Guava
Pirate's Castle Spring 2017 6.9% abv - Fermented with grapefruit puree, aged on zest of fresh grapefruit, sweet & bitter orange peel (spent gin botanicals from a local distillery). Finished with a bit of pink Himalayan salt. Debuted at the 2017 Fruit Beer Fest.and shown during Oregon Cider Week: Fruit Cider Invitational.
Opal Fall 2016 7.4% abv - S.A.S.H. (Single Apple, Single Hop) Opal Apples with Opal Hops
Pomageddon Winter/Spring 2017 6.9% abv - Pomegranate
Rings of Fire Pineapple Ginger Cider Spring/Summer 2017 - Featured at Fruit Cider Invitational, part of Oregon Cider Week 2017
A Strong & Passionate Fruit Spring 2017 - 6.9% abv - Brought to you straight from the really great brain of our cidermaker Angie Watkins, this dry apple cider is like a tropical island vacation in a glass. Passionfruit is combined with our dessert apple juice prior to fermenting, so all the sugars from the added fruit are fermented out. The result is a bright, tart, fruit-forward cider that is still dry, crisp, and refreshing. Close your eyes and believe in summer!
Sunny C Citrusy Spring 2018 - 6.9% abv -
Urban Bounty Raspberry Cider Summer 2014 - A dry cider made with freshly picked spray free Sauvie's Island raspberries.
Wild Orchard Winter/Spring 2018 - 8.5% abv - Bittersweet English cider apples form the backbone of this hearty cider aged in rum, gin, tequila, and apple brandy barrels. A warming, fruity dry cider with notes of marshmallow, toffee, peppercorns, oaky tannin and stone-fruit.
Wizards and Fuggles Fall 2017 - 6.9% abv - Floral cider with rose hips and English Fuggles. Made with She-Brew winner Chelsea Stowers.
The Yeast of Yamhill Summer 2016 7.2% abv - A creature of myth and legend is revealed to be alive and well, and right in our midst! A Native Oregonian beast of pure instinct, yet possessing a refined palatability and robust complexities nearly incomprehensible to our civilized nature. The Yeast comes lumbering out from the dense mossy forests of Yamhill County, with its loping gait and massive stature. A wild yeast strain was captured and cultured to ferment this dry, complex cider, now put on display to be probed by the discerning palates of the ravenous public. Can we contain it? Likely not, as its strength keeps us at somewhat a disadvantage. But, if we can just harness its power...
- With Local Brewers and Cidermakers.
Ciderkin - Cider Riot! Collaboration with Reverend Nat's Fall 2015/2016 2.9% abv - Making ciderkin is the traditional cidermaking technique of re-wetting the spent pomace after the first pressing of juice is extracted from the apple. This batch of apples came from the legendary White Oak Cider orchard in Yamhill County Oregon and consists of the varieties: Yarlington Mill, Kingston Black, Dabinett, Harry Master's Jersey, Muscadet de Lense and Muscadet de Bernay.
Snakebite - Cider Riot! Collaboration with Gigantic and Beaus All Natural Brewing Spring/Summer 2016 5.6% abv - Snakebite really is 2/3 Kölsch and 1/3 cider fermented together with a touch of black currant. The result is light and effervescent, with a cidery fruit character, light hoppiness and a tart, fruity finish. Posh Spice loves to drink snakebites!
Trade Route - Cider Riot! Collaboration with Clutch Coffee Roasters Winter/Spring 2017 5.6% abv - Rum-Oaked Irish-Style Cider w/ Sumatran Coffee - Your trip around the globe begins in sunny Oregon, where Northwestern apples are pressed into crisp delicious juice and delivered to the cellars of Cider Riot! The juice is then fermented out as our Irish-Style cider, steeped on Irish Golden Tea, then aged on oaked-rum until a softness of body and acids is obtained. Then the roasting skills of our friends at Clutch Coffee are tested with a fine Sumatran bean, and a delicious cold-brew is created to compliment the profile of the cider. The result is a complex, delicious testament to the sailors who once traversed the seas to trade spices, and other goods, whilst consuming tea and rum aboard the majestic sailing vessels of the time.
Twigs -N- Berries - Cider Riot! Collaboration with Portland Cider Co. Spring/Summer 2017 6.9% abv - Huckleberry & Spruce Tip Cider. ⊙ This cider took Bronze at the Oregon Brewshed Alliance Brewfest and was featured at Fruit Cider Invitational, part of Oregon Cider Week 2017. Wild mountain huckleberries and fresh spruce tips make this dry fruit cider like a walk in an unsullied Cascadian forest.
WTF! There's Palms In #PDXNOW - Cider Riot! Collaboration with Reverend Nat's Spring 2017 12% abv - Created for CollaboFest. Made at Cider Riot in collaboration with Reverend Nat's. Clean, traditional blended fermentation cider with wild palm syrup.
Cider Riot! is an urban cidery dedicated to the production of dry ciders. We use a variety of apples grown in Cascadia, including rare English and French cider variety apples, wild apples from Yamhill County, Oregon, and dessert apples from the Yakima and Hood River Valleys. Thanks for visiting Cider Riot!